Tuesday 16 April 2013

The blanket and the cushion,

went to sea, in a beautiful pea green boat.

Actually, I am storing the wool in a green box, but I wouldn't really call it "pea green".

Also, "blanket-to-be", as it's not finished yet.

I've been obsessed with ripple blankets for quite some time; drooling over pictures of them on the web, and working out colour schemes, but I never quite got round to making one of my very own.
Until now.


This cushion was originally the beginnings of a single-bed blanket. I then realised that, as I'm soon upgrading to a double bed, making a single blanket was a little silly. I folded what I've done in half, sewed the top and bottom (with the waves fitting into eachother, so it lays flat), stuffed it, and voila. A cushion to match the soon-to-be blanket! 

Fortunately, due brain fog, I'd already originally ordered enough wool for a double blanket. 

Whoop.

The next problem was that I'm quite an impatient crafter, and I think that crocheting an entire double blanket with a 5mm hook might be the death of me. So I decided to hold the wool double, and use a 9mm crochet hook.

Mmm, very cozy and warm. and it's going so quickly! It's also reached a length that can be snuggled under, while making it, so it's my go-to project if I'm feeling a little chilly!




You might recognise this picture from the top of my blog! 
I hope to finish it in the next few weeks, if I don't get distracted by other projects, but I'm enjoying every minute of making it.
Oh, and I used this pattern.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment