Wednesday 8 May 2013

What I've been working on.

Here's an update on the projects I've been working on recently (the patterns are available via my ravelry page, and they're all free)

I made my granny this kindle cozy for her birthday, and I love how it turned out. It's even got a tag on, which I made recently! I'm planning on putting them on all handmade gifts I give.


You'll have seen this gloves partly-made in my previous post. I changed the fingers so I can type and use touchscreen devices in them, but otherwise followed the pattern, and they're really cozy and fit well!

Aaand a close-up!


 This is a hat I made my granny a while ago, and have taken it back to add a couple more "rolls" to the end, to make it longer. 


Aand last, but definitely not least.. my May Socks! I absolutely love the pattern, and the yarn (which I can thank my granny for, as it was a present from her), so these are probably my favourite socks so far! They look "crumpled" when off, due to the nature of the pattern, but they're not like that when worn. 
I'm so glad I've been able to use real sock yarn recently, as the resulting socks are just so nice. 
I'm hoping to finish them by the end of the day! But as I've got to go to a doctors appointment, and then recover from said doctors appointment, that may not be possible. 

I haven't been able to work much on my ripple blanket recently, as we've had a bit of a heatwave (for England, anyway), and it's just been impossible to have a thick blanket on my knees while making it. It's a bit colder now though, so maybe I'll make some more when I've finished my socks! 

I hope you've enjoyed my recent rambling posts, as I haven't had the brain power to put together anything more structured or useful.. but I'm still hoping to make a sock darning tutorial at some point, and even post my own (crochet) pattern for fingerless gloves!

Goodbye, and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment